PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sikorsky S-76 [Archive Copy]
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2006, 03:17

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
subtle differences

I agree with Shytorque on the above and here are some of the differences I noticed.
A. Fresh air intake duct for the AC generator on the right side of the transmission cowl.
B. Lack of fresh air vent on the fuselage under the Aft Opera window.
C. Intermediate Gearbox tailcone cowl is shaped different now.
D. Lack of alignment plate on the pilots door upper fwd. door frame.
E. Top of nose area forward of the pilots windsheilds appears to be shaped different.
F. Both Opera windows - meaning the window behind pilots door and the window behind the passenger door is shaped different.
G. No positive door lock pin on the pilots door frame at the aft end of the top pilots door frame.
H. Flight control deck cowl appears to be shaped different.
I. T/R driveshaft cowl appears to be one peice instead of a small cowl on the fwd. side of the vertical fin.
J. Instrument panel appears to be smaller than production models along with small glaresheild over the top of it.

Well thats enough for now. Thanks Nick for the pictures!! I know for fact that our first S-76 which was 76001 was different from the ones in the pictures. The S-76 aircraft and the S-76 series models continues to be a main-stay of our fleet and will be for a long time to come!!!
One other little thing and that is I agree with the other posts on the differences also!