PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sikorsky S-76 [Archive Copy]
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2001, 00:51
Coriolis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

I'm not going to try to catch up with the Ultimate....I looked at page three and just knew most of it went straight past me, particularly the bits where one guy slags off another (doesn't that just get SOOO tedious??.)
However (comma), when I did the S76A course with the good people of American Airlines in Florida in 1981, the instructor's explanation of the slightly odd servo positions was that Igor's norm of 45deg offset would have produced bulges in the fairings.....since first & foremost this was to be a sexy looking machine the decision was to twiddle the jacks around a tad....result - smoooooth fairing and that nightmare of a mixing unit just to keep your wrist movement parallel with the required A/C direction.
Lacking both the intellect and the desire to prove myself superior to anyone, I humbly pass on this snippet, which even if incorrect, is hopefully less 'in your face ' than some of the aggro we've seen....(on the other hand Igor's 76 has paid a great share of my mortgage over the last 20 years, so for that, thanks.... :o