PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Strike at KLM?
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2006, 13:47
Stop Stop Stop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well Gonna, if the newly posted letter from BALPA has helped with any misunderstanding of why we are ballotting for this industrial action, then it has been a worthwhile exercise.

As we now have your support it IS, of course, very much appreciated and I hope that if you took any offence from my previous post that you will accept my apology. Hopefully, this letter (which I trust will be distributed in the BMC) will help explain to your colleagues that we have been dealt a pretty poor hand from the KLC management and suffer significant penalties in our terms and conditions- something we feel is only fair if this is addressed. The KLM and KLC management have not come to the table with any improved offer since the last meetings and clearly now, our hand is forced that we go through the route of industrial action. Nobody in KLC uk relishes going this route, but we WILL stand together and if no movement is made by the company, we will strike, rest assured!

This is the only route open to us, if normal negotiations with the company have ground to a halt. It is interesting to note that the VNV are supporting our action. Maybe the only way to force the issue and to get the two parties around the table is to hurt the parent company (Air France-KLM) financially.

All we want is for equality, if not in all areas, but most (everything is negotiable) and to be able to work together with our Dutch colleagues, knowing that at least we are considered equals!