PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAR: Search & Rescue Ops
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2006, 19:58
I fly 92`s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: UK Coastguard SAR - Bristow out??

According to 332L/L1/L2 FM/PMV limitations, listed under prohibited manoeuvres you`ll find "flight in icing conditions".

I am really looking forward to try out the S92 RIPS, i cant understand why HC argues against rotor de-icing equipment!!!
I have flown 332l/L1 with rotor de-icing which workes fine and makes life (flying offshore in wintertime) a whole lot easier.

The S92 wiper speed is 40 kts, Heard about someone switch it on accidentally at cruise speed, the wiper flipped over an made a big scratch in the wind screen...

If you buy a decent car you`ll get proper seats,wipers and a heat/vent system that works and where you can preset temp.
The standard S92 seats are "a pain in the arse" after 2 hours...
The only way you can monitor the temp in the cabin is by the colour in the face of your passengers... (white/blue is cold and red is hot)

But the apu is nice to have, you can use heater or aircond prior to pax boarding the cabin. (it can be hot in Norway during the to short summer..)
In Norway pax have to use same suit summer and winter and appreciate the a/c, and in some of the latest contracts its demanded by the oil company`s.

The vibration level increases with weight and of course speed.
what is strange is that CHC Helikopter service are flying at reduced pwr setting/speed and Norsk aims for 150 kts, they are both experiencing the same problems related to vibrations...