PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAR: Search & Rescue Ops
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2006, 15:08
Lunar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SASless,

I did all of my basic flying in the US, just less than four years of flying 22/44/206 and 500 and I like the system there. I think you missed the point I was trying to make and has led to a bit of an offshoot discussion.

I was saying that the Puma models are more similar than the different models you mentioned so I don't really see a problem if you are rated on one to be rated on the others as long as your differences course gives you enough time to get used to the change. The change from L2 to 225 is a lot easier than L to L2/225.

I have worked the US system and the European system of type ratings and weight catagories, the European system is very expensive and having to revalidate each year is exhobitantly expensive to freelancers (you also have to find a TRE to fly with you), the US system of biannual flight review is easier as you only need a CFI.

In my view if you took the US system and the European systems and took the best of both you could create a system that wouldn't drive pilots nuts all of the time!

I agree with a lot of what you said in the previous post.

So back to the subject at hand...

Lunar