PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EAST LONDON TRA
Thread: EAST LONDON TRA
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2006, 11:38
verticalhold

The Veloceraptor of Lounge Lizards

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yet again it seems to be a huge over-reaction by the authorities. Let's face it the current Chief Constable of the Met seems (according to the media) to be utterly hopeless, and likes a good crisis for publicities sake.

AlanM; The level of muppetry on special events days never ceases to amaze me, but you should go to the events and see what goes on there. How the controllers keep their humour and standards in the face of stupidity and sometimes downright dangerous behaviour baffles me. Most of us fly to these events every year, we know each other and the procedures and the controllers all know us. Unfortunately we then have the person with no real idea turning up. He/she probably hasn't read or heard the brief and thinks it will all be simple. They then turn up, go the wrong way, or get lost (actually on the FATO at cheltenham last year!!) use the wrong frequencies or callsigns, or all 4.The last 2 Cheltenhams have found me in the hold with several others while the controllers tried to locate and then bring in 2 R44s and an Enstrom. At one event I was shown a flight strip with all the aircraft details on it and the comment W er!!

The Grand Prix this week, hopefully safe and quiet for all. Then into the delights of Ascot (p ed passengers, long days and sunburn) To all the LHR special controllers I now beg for mercy. I'll be the muppet lost on H 11 and 12 during Ascot week.