PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Robinson R44
Thread: Robinson R44
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2005, 18:28
206 jock

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
If you want to keep your machine for your own use and don't need the 5th seat, I'd say the R44 R1 is the machine for you. I'd recommend that you ignore anyone's view on DOC on a 206: the reality is so tied to component times and - frankly - luck, that what the papers say and what you find in reality will be different.

I bought a 206, primarily as I wanted to lease it back to a commercial operator to contribute to operating costs (and keep the VAT-man off my back!). But frankly it's cost me a fortune in the last three years with unexpected repairs and components due. But I've had a good run for the last few year (touch wood), but with a turbine wheel due in a few months, who knows what horrors will come to light when they take it out!

But no doubt, the R44 will depreciate, where the 206 will hold its value - but be warned that the value of a 206 is more closely asscociated with component time than age.

Personally, I love the 206 to fly - it is better than the R44, but whether it's worth the difference is open to debate.