PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC120
Thread: EC120
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2005, 11:22
Aesir

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thank you for your view Thomas..

You said:

Join the real world eh? You can't keep flying a 40 yr old design forever....one has to move on and invest in technology with all its merits. Safety is the industry mantra now.
That is exactly why I fly B-206..SAFETY! Get it?

I want to be in something that can land safely if I have engine failure which we all know can happen in all helicopters anytime and if I donīt have two engines then for sure Iīm going to be in a helicopter that can autorotate safely.

I know why LTE happens and some other things that could happen to B-206 in flight and I know how to avoid those situations..! An engine failure I have no control over, it could happen when I least expect it.

New helicopter designs do not necessarily mean that they are safer in all aspects. Manufacturers do try to make them more economical to operate than the competition so customers will buy them. And boy did EC get the DOCīs wrong on the EC-120, they can say whatever they will about how economical it is but ask any operator in the field who will give you a straight answer and then find out how much it costs to run. There are loads of 120īs for sale now, I wonder why?

But donīt get me wrong, like someone said if you donīt worry to much about engine reliability and perhaps fly all the time over land and non-hostile terrain then the EC-120 is fine for passenger transport for someone who has the funds to run it. There is lotīs of people who donīt really care if it costīs $300 or $500 pr/hr to run.

I like the B206 because it cheap to run which means I make more cash and itīs safer to fly in my area of operations.

Iīm guessing that the original poster has probably gotten tired of reading the bull thatīs been posted but please keep us informed what you end up buying whichever way you decide!