PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Parliamentary Questions concerning Hercules Safety
Old 7th Jun 2006, 09:24
scroggs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nige and HighCirrus: Not my call, I'm afraid, HC. Danny is aware of the issue, and it would be entirely up to him. I wouldn't get your hopes up; if we promote one political campaign, how do we say no to others? The issue is a live one among both civilian and military aircrew, and I know from personal experience that my ex-mil colleagues are bringing the petition to the attention of their all-through-civilian bretheren.

This website caters exclusively for those engaged in aviation. Others may read and even participate, but they are peripheral to the purpose of this site. While the campaign you are engaged in currently involves aviation as its focus, its primary cause is the wider moral issue of what physical protection a nation offers its fighting forces, and that is a political issue for the entire electorate. As such, it is correctly being discussed in the open media where all citizens (including the non-military members of Pprune) can access the discussion. On this board, however, its proper context is within the Mil Aircrew forum, and I suspect that is where it will stay.

Scroggs