PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ANYTHING having to do with Emirates Applications
Old 7th Jun 2006, 07:13
fly_away

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
babe to be honest with you i think it all depends on the day. put it this way i'm not the smartest person in the world and ive got through this far and i work for an airline now and i got through it all then too.
From what many people have told me, be yourself coz they can see straight through it. if your a bubbly happy go lucky person be it! they know your nervous, so jsut accept that you are nervous and then you will relax.
Remember in aviation without communication, safety goes out the window. and safety is the main thing to do with an aircraft. you might have all the brains in the world and 100% on every exam you have ever done but is that going ot help you in a decompression, or when someone has a heart attack, yes it may help you in trainning but out there its all different.

jsut make sure you use open body language, you look approachable because when it all comes down to it, its jsut another cumtomer service job with awsome perks that really hard to get into! oh....and make sure whenever you are standing around waiting talk to everyone and compliment people. in the activities you may have to try a sell the person next to you and you may feel like you dotn want ot, but its not what they are looking for, they are looking for how you can get up in front of everyone and talk (body language etc)
good luck!!

Originally Posted by wishingtofly
Hi Fly Away....

Well done girl !!!! Good on you and thank you soooooooo much, you really took the trouble to help us all....THANK YOU

Just to let you know, I am going to the Brisbane Open Day this 10th June 06....I have received so much tips from this website and I want to say thank you to each and everyone here.

Fly Away....the questions are rather serious ones....well, in your opinion, do you think the recruiters are looking for brain, in other words, do we really need to know the smartest answers or are they actually just checking your style of communication and personality? What do you think?

What would you advise us not to do during the discussion sessions? Hope you can help me here...

I wish you all the very best and hope that you will soon be flying with Emirates and if it's God's will, we might meet one day soon in Dubai.

Cheers

Luv always...
wishing to fly