PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Capped Actuals - What are your experiences?
Old 7th Jun 2006, 00:29
Yeller_Gait

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Business Car Insurance

Sloppy Link,

When our MT section suggested that I needed business insurance in order to use my own car for a duty journey recently, I took the liberty of phoning my insurance company, and they were quite happy for me to use my car for the occasional "duty journey", be it sport or going to Leuchars for a week etc.

Business use insurance would only be required if I was to use my own car in the course of my daily duties, other that travelling to/from work. An example would be that if you had to travel between several places of work on a daily, or regular, basis, then that would constitute business travel.

Funnily enough, MT have never asked me again if I have business cover for using my own car.

Another pearl from the MT corporal was that you are not allowed to drive for 7 or more consecutive working days. My request to go away for a weekend of representative sport would be turned down by MT if I had been at work for the 5 previous days apparently. Having told him that I would therefore take a days standdown during the week he was quite happy. On reading the appropriate JSP, I discovered that the 7 day rule only applies to "professional" drivers, ie MT drivers etc. It does really hack me off the way that some empires go out of their way to make things as difficult as possible for you to do what you need/want to do.

Y_G