PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Geoff''s love letter.
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2006, 23:16
Dropt McGutz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sorry, but I've lost all faith and trust in management. Remember prior to the last EBA how they said that if we voted yes, we would be considered for a role in Jetstar International? Once the yes vote came through, it was never offered nor mentioned. Executive management never come out and praise the staff, it's always bash, bash, bash. Now they want to make the pilots more efficient by flying more. I have some mates on the 744 who are staring at 900 hours. I believe some second officers even ran out of hours. How much more efficient do they want? Then at the other end of the spectrum, management would appear to have placed too many pilots on the 737 and there hours are subsequently low. Now that's hardly the fault of the pilots is it?
It will be interesting to see what happens to the A330 pilots hours once those aircraft are seconded to Jetstar. Will the slack be taken up by training on the A380?
Instead of blaming the staff all of the time perhaps management should take stock and look at the way they manage the company.