PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My trip to stores
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2006, 21:41
fightingchickenplumb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My trip to stores

hey

heres a experience i had i thought might make you guys smile.

I went down to stores a few weeks ago with a ripped pair of denums to exchange,a knackered RAF rucksack, a pair o knackered steel toe capped basket ball boots and i had to pick up some special measure trousers (am a slightly rounder airman lol) so i goes in, i asked the wifey behind the counter if my new boots had arrived , yeah sure she said been waiting three weeks, "why didnt you collect them?' she asked,"well i didnt get a chit to say they had arrived" "yeah you have to phone us and check". I then had my trousers issued however my clothing book was showing the wrong numbers of light medium and heavy weight trousers upon which i was duly informed that this was my fault as it was my responsibilty to check it was correct (even although stores keeps it? ) , asked for a new rucksack, "we dont have any" "oh thats ok can i just return this as am out in 5 months" the wifey then accusingly said" your out in five months? so you completely wasted out time and money in getting special trousers?" at this point i explained to the wifey i had suggested the same thing when i origionally went to stores in the first place, to be told no i had to have blues!! incidentally the RAF wouldnt tailor my number ones because i was leaving , but wouldnt let me return my number ones because i have my reserve to do!

The last part of this post had me was the real reason i posted this thread , i asked to exchange the coveralls, to be told i couldnt i hadnt washed them, i said they were washed the night before, no they are stained yeah i agreed they wont wash out, ah you need to take them to POL to get a chit to say they have destroyed them, why? because it classed as contaminated waste and if we put them with clean overalls it costs us more to recycle them?

Now i may be a simple plumber ,but it does strike me that if you work on aircraft your overalls will get stained, so what state do stores expect us to give them back? if your overalls are returned unstained i would suggest you didnt really need them to be issued to you. how much time paper and money has been wasted on that half baked idea?

Am i the only one that sees the stupitiy of the idea, anyone got any other ancedottes from stores?