PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AS350 Astar/Squirrel
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2005, 00:04
helmet fire

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Flingwing, I do see your point, and know it is difficult to translate official stuff into student speak to get the message across, however, I think perhaps you are slightly missing the point: LTE is not the correct term for all T/R problems. LTE relates to a specific aerodynamic event that has a history of association with B206 models.
Your personal definition of the main rotor producing too much torque for the T/R to counter is, unfortunately, wrong. And it concerns me you are teaching another generation of pilots that definition of LTE. Look how you have even confused poor old PPRUNE Fan. lol.

Look back over the thread (you too tc) for the simplified LTE v LTA v LTC definitions. All different. All require different reactions to rectify, and all are derived from "official" theory. That is what you can teach to your students.

BTW PFan, a stalled aerofoil still produces lift, and it may be because you have never hit the left pedal stop that you got to experience LTE. So did I for the same reason.