PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AS350 Astar/Squirrel
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2004, 08:46
goaround7

Thanks Guys !

Now I've got a straightfoward explanation - shape of the belly and recirculation plus large tail boom - and a scientific name for the whole thing - Coanda effect - that I can tell students to go research so it all seems terribly aerodynamically complicated and they'll stop asking me questions ! Perfect.

It's a high skid B that I 'm flying and I must admit to being a bit nervous at a zero speeder on the hard stuff, especially when light. Will give it a few goes when no-one's looking.

As for sitting nearer the windscreen, I'm fairly tall and as it is I can't easily see the red marks on the torque gauge. Any nearer and I'd have to crouch. Seat won't go back as far as I'd like. Is this more 'design for short ar$e French people' again ? (No offence to short or French people but the ergonomics don't seem quite right for a relatively spacious cabin.)

We also have a Squirrel, that I haven't flown yet, that does have the twist grip throttle - believe it's a mod or you can request it from the factory. Not for the twin though I don't think...?

As for 222, yes, the throttles are the opposite way to a motorcycle.