PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AS350 Astar/Squirrel
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2004, 07:02
rotorboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, some of you are close. there are 2 main things that make it a little squirely in a hover.
1) the shape of the belly .. has a tendancy with the rotorwash to recirculate.
2) The 146 gallon unbaffled fuel tank under the M/R transmission... its called fuel slosh.. very noticeable when your really light and it has under 40% fuel... and once it starts.... if you try to correct it... youll make it worse. My theory, is it came out of a Pugeot... its got the same gas cap
3) its french and they make everything difficult like getting in and out of the thing.. like the blades turning the wrong way

I love flying the thing, but the fuel tank a couple of other things makes me wonder about the people who designed it. Like whay cant they put the damm throttle on the collective and why cant the seat be 4-6 inches closer to the window!

Oh lets talk about my HYD failure last week and the whimpy green belt where the gule came apart....hmmm can you say weak link.

You know they have a saying in france " that may work in practice, but it does not work in theory, there fore we can not do it.

you tend to see guys in a really high hover, or a really low hover... that be why..

OK I am done rambling

RB
"still bouncing on the concrete with the best of em "