PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Happy Birthday to the Senior Aviator
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2006, 21:27
reallydeskbound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why do idiot politicians such as Brown try and muscule in on something that should have been celebrated by the military as a remarkable day for us, the military - celebrating the life of a veteran of history. I know Sir Clot sent his very best wishes (as CDS should) but he probably could have taken time out of his very 'busy diary', emasculating the Services (to preserve his elevation to the Peerage), but to have the day hijacked by the one man who has done more to destroy the British Armed Forces with successive budget cuts and his personal delaying of funding for urgent operational requirements makes me want to puke!
Oh and by the way where was our glorious f******g leader today? Looking for a replacement for his deputy? or keeping his head down knowing that even at 110 our veteran would have enjoyed kicking his head in!
Henry I salute you, your place in history is assurred, may many more of us live to be your age to remind a nation that those who serve make a sacrifice few are able to understand, let alone appreciate!