PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emerald and the CAA
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2006, 20:43
Phileas Fogg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EI-CGO
While I sympathise with your predicament, I cant remember (recently) any other airline that has managed to get itself into quite the mess with the Authority that JEM has.
If you want to operate in a REGULATED sector, then you have to play by the rules. JEM broke them the day they thought they were bigger than the CAA and if as a company you continually think yourself immune from anything else that EVERY other operator has to obide by then your Accountable Manager has to be the most brain dead individual ever to have held the post at a UK airline.
143 Employees have paid that ultimate price for one mans ego. FACT.
EVERYONE knows that the CAA can be a pain, but they are also EXTREMELY willing to help you if you tell them you have a problem, just like they are willing to give and take if you show them that you are self regulating and are doing your best to resolve problems, even if you dont get on with a particular individual at the CAA, you even have the right to have them replaced if you can justify that they have a greivance against you. You cant say fairer than that.
Most of the people who critisise the Authority on this thread have VERY little to do with Flight Ops Inspectors or the process of Auditing and Regulation, that is very evident from the utter bollocks about some kind of conspiracy theory about the CAA being out to get JEM.
As for any other 'capers' that go on at other airlines, I am interested to know what they are, they cant be too serious as they would have had their AOC pulled as well.
Ei-CGO,
Whilst the theme of your post is close to the point please do not spoil it by pointing the finger, in a personal attack, at one man. I do not defend the individual who is the victim of your attack but was he the true bean counter or was it an individual one step up the ladder above him.

What an appropriate ploy, to put a CEO in place of the bean counter, put one's hand up his ass as if a glove puppet, shout and bawl at the staff, treat them perhaps like sh1t but if what that individual was doing was so wrong then why did the bean counter leave him in place for so long?

And as for OPSQUEEN, well a bit of naivity there, every airline bends the rules but to repeatedly and daily disregard them, well that's something else and whilst OPSQUEENS and all those affected have my every sympathy perhaps there are pastures new just around the corner ..... or two.