PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training, hours building and first job prospects in America
Old 6th Jun 2006, 19:44
SASless

Received 560 Likes on 229 Posts
Sad thing about it....Silver State seems to be able to get away with it. Sadder yet is the banks that loan the money to the youngsters also get away with it. Saddest part is, so many youngsters are unable to see the risks involved and have to repay the loans they are getting.

A very similar case occurred in Florida years ago....and after all the money was safely spent, lost, misplaced, hidden, or otherwise unable to be recovered, the flight school in question declared bankruptcy and the students lost their money but still were confronted with repaying the loans.

I know one of the folks who used to be involved in this Silver State thing and if he is typical of the outfit, I would not touch the place with a very long barge pole.

To those who are shopping for flight schools....if the school provides a discount for paying in advance, pay for a small block of hours at a time, NOT the full course. Any Training contract that contains a pay in full in advance clause and a penalty for withdrawing from the course (50% in the case of the outfit being mentioned) RUN AWAY BEFORE SIGNING THE CONTRACT!
There are plenty of reputable schools. Shop around and get references from them. Make sure you read every single word of the contract....especially that small print you can barely see.

The SSH web site makes for some interesting reading. Pure Snake Oil as I see it.

Last edited by SASless; 6th Jun 2006 at 20:13.