PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emerald and the CAA
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2006, 15:46
EI-CGO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OPSQUEEN
Hello
It's all a bit of a do ........... and unnecessary, considering some of the capers at other Airlines which seem to go unnoticed.
While I sympathise with your predicament, I cant remember (recently) any other airline that has managed to get itself into quite the mess with the Authority that JEM has.

If you want to operate in a REGULATED sector, then you have to play by the rules. JEM broke them the day they thought they were bigger than the CAA and if as a company you continually think yourself immune from anything else that EVERY other operator has to obide by then your Accountable Manager has to be the most brain dead individual ever to have held the post at a UK airline.

143 Employees have paid that ultimate price for one mans ego. FACT.

EVERYONE knows that the CAA can be a pain, but they are also EXTREMELY willing to help you if you tell them you have a problem, just like they are willing to give and take if you show them that you are self regulating and are doing your best to resolve problems, even if you dont get on with a particular individual at the CAA, you even have the right to have them replaced if you can justify that they have a greivance against you. You cant say fairer than that.

Most of the people who critisise the Authority on this thread have VERY little to do with Flight Ops Inspectors or the process of Auditing and Regulation, that is very evident from the utter bollocks about some kind of conspiracy theory about the CAA being out to get JEM.

As for any other 'capers' that go on at other airlines, I am interested to know what they are, they cant be too serious as they would have had their AOC pulled as well.