PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2006, 07:10
jayteeto

Location: Liverpool based Geordie, so calm down, calm down kidda!!
Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
I still firmly believe that someone above station level was trying to make a political statement by ordering this very important flight in this particular aircraft.

Now Walter, read this bit again...... take your time...... "I still firmly believe". Now I only have a lowly C Grade English O level, but this is what is known as 'an opinion'. Just like your opinion, it is allowed to be thought. Now, what I wrote, I would be prepared to stand in a court of law, because I am saying "This actually happened and was said" Now this is called reality. Reality is when something actually happened. Opinion is when someone thinks something. I have my opinion on what happened in this crash, but because I wasn't in the cockpit at the time, I can't say with certainty what happened. This is the thrust of the campaign.

Someone might have been trying to make a political statement by ordering this flight, but not for the reasons you are trying to say. Now keep believing your theory if you wish, it is a free world, but please spare us this walters interpretation of reality. Now read this carefully. The crew did not want to take the Mk2 because they did not trust the FADEC system, they specifically took the time to run through the available drills for FADEC emergencies because in their OWN words (not mine) they had no idea what the software would do that day. When they were questioned what was the problem, they showed the so called 'aircrew manual' that had a lot of pages saying 'to be issued'. If the Mk1 had been available, they would have used it, without a doubt, whatsoever. Like all people, my memory is not perfect and I may have forgotton a few things that happened, but like a couple of other accident days when friends were killed, you tend to remember a little better than normal. If this accident had happened to some other pilots and crew, I might have been less intense about doubters, but you had to know how they worked in reality. The personalities in that crew had been there and done that, had the T Shirt, but they would not recklessly endanger lives. A lot of posters have theories on this thread and there lies the problem. Your theories are not enough to convict these men!!! If there is any doubt, there is no doubt, not guilty of negligence.