PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Visual Separation
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2006, 05:33
fixa24

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What i've found is it is mainly the older controllers using this "projected flight path" caper. sure there not gonna hit, but what have you really got when it comes down to it?
I've tried it a few times, and i do use it in VMC. I do not like and would never use it in IMC but have seen it done, once the aircraft is airborne and appears to be on its outbound track before you lose sight of it. In VMC i'm fine with it, i can watch the A/C to the latsep, get a distance report, then roberts your fathers brother.
I agree it is dodgy. People who don't really understand FULLY what they are trying to achieve, and maybe these people OJTI another the same habits. Is it just laziness? how hard is a step climb/descent? How much is your licence worth? Yes these controllers are moving the planes apparently quicker, but whats the cost when it goes wrong? and one day it will...
I have heard that they are going to change the wording in MATS so this kinda stuff is legal.. I think i'll still do things the same way as i do now thanks..