PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Geoff''s love letter.
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2006, 04:51
*Lancer*

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I started as an S/O I can remember a skipper telling me that if a crewmember has needed to RAISE something to the "I am concerned" stage, he considered it a personal failure as a Captain. Indicating concern is a powerful thing that should not be dismissed.

I suspect that too many of us have been satisfied reading and talking about what has been going on from a distance, rather than adequately finding out the truth for ourselves. If we are unable to effectively listen to, and act on the information that is being provided now, when Geoff moves onto 'emergency language' we won't have any influence over the outcome. IR is on his side. As are the shareholders, the board, and the public.

Isn't it about time more of us were proactive about our future careers, and moved on from the bar-talk before its too late? Apart from the antagonising, what has 'new AIPA' actually achieved apart from making us feel slightly more hopeful? There is another side to every wednesday update!

[For those reading who don't know what RAISE is: it's the formal process for managing upwards and drawing an oversight or problem to the attention of the PIC]