PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Squadron Leader Stapleton's tie...
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2006, 23:26
CarltonBrowne the FO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Squadron Leader Stapleton's tie...

I recently bought a new copy of [I]Battle of Britain[I] on DVD- the 2-disc set to replace the single disc version. One of the extra features on the second disc is a monologue by Squadron Leader Basil Gerald Stapleton- quite fascinating and well worth the purchase of the 2 disc set on its own.
During his talk, Sqn Ldr Stapleton is wearing a quite amazing tie- just below the knot there is a picture of a woman in a dress, with other pictures (or repetitions of the same picture) not quite visible at the bottom of the picture.
Does anyone know what this tie is, and where I can acquire one? The pictures look like WW2 nose art.
Obviously if the tie is the emblem of some particular service or ex-service organisation I would not dream of wearing it, but I would still like to know more about it- even to see a picture of the entire garment would be nice.
Note to mods: if this is the wrong forum for this question, please feel free to move it- however, I thought the mil forum had the best chance of finding someone who knew the answer.