PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair low approach at EICK
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2006, 20:20
cargo boy
I've only made a few posts so I don't feel the need to order a Personal Title and help support PPRuNe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ryanair plane was 20 feet above houses, residents claim

From The Irish Examiner

05 June 2006

Ryanair plane was 20 feet above houses, residents claim

By Niall Murray and Olivia Kelleher

RESIDENTS have said a Ryanair plane flew dangerously low over their homes on its way to land at Cork Airport yesterday.

One man living in the Halldene estate in Bishopstown said the aircraft, believed to have been inbound from London Stansted, passed no more than 20 feet over his neighbour’s roof.

“I was at my kitchen window when I saw it turning outside, and it was dangerously low. I really thought we were in trouble.”

Denis O’Keeffe, living less than half a mile away in Cedar Grove, said he and family members were in the back garden when the plane flew over at 5.50pm.

“It was like a thunderous noise but very sudden, it was about the height of two houses off the ground. It was turning at a 90-degree angle heading for the airport,” he said.

Several complaints were received by the duty office at Cork Airport last night but a Ryanair spokesperson said the company had no concern about the flight.

Bishopstown is in the flight path for many services landing at Cork but residents insisted this plane was much lower than aircraft usually fly over their homes.