PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair low approach at EICK
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2006, 19:58
aidanf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ryanair low approach at EICK

This one has been causing quite a stir in the local media today. A Ryanair inbound to Cork at approx 1800hrs (don't know where from) on Sunday night (June 4th) got several people's knickers in a big twist due to it's low approach.
Now I happen to live about 12 miles WNW of the airport and I understand that 17 was active at the time. This thing flew over me (relaxing in garden) and gave quite a feckin shock!! Couldn't say what height the bird was at, but she was bloody low (bear in mind that I live about 10 feet amsl and EICK is around 450amsl), and way off standard approach (never seen an approach for 17 route over my place, and wouldn't like to be on board for the required alignment turn a few minutes later). Some guys living between me and the airport quoted as saying she flew '20 feet above me roof' - a gross exaggeration, but she was certainly way below normal, and WAY off approach path. Ryanair's response was 'we're not concerned' - well ye mightn't be, but I feckin was at the time. (Not a RYR basher - actually use them often enough).
Anyone know what the **** was going on?