PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hercules ESF - technical, tactical and service issues. (Title edited)
Old 5th Jun 2006, 16:26
chappie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
now, this might seem too simplistic but nonetheless if something needs saying you can guarantee i'll be the one saying it. what is the problem with the AOC going cap in hand to the treasury to ask for extra funds? is there something that i'm missing? i'm not sure the comparison i'm going to make is of any use but here goes. the government can release funds to help sort out the pensions cock up with a large company (can't remember) and give money to the car industry so why not protect one of this contries most necessary assets? or am i being too thick about this?

moving on. this weekend i'm going to discuss the next step in the campaign, the petition specifically. i have a list of people i think who should see it but i would be very grateful for any suggestions to who else i should forward the petition on to. i would also like to let you know that on the campaign blog page there is a section where you can download the petition onto a paper format. this would be very useful if we could get this done and sent round lyneham and it's community. i'm anticipating about another week before i'm looking to take it off and give to the necessary people although one person in particular seems to have his head in the sand and i would appreciate ideas how to combat it. des browne seems to think that he has met with the families and therefore does not see the need to do this again. i've asked for a meeting with him. this was prior to the petition. he has not answered letters or emails and is frankly quite elusive yet displaying all the signs of a very worried man. why else avoid meeting me. what has he got to be frightened of a little nursie like me! i'm harmless really.

anyone who has yet to sign the petition please do so....please. if you are in two minds then read this i need your signatures to help change this atrocious situation i need your signatures so that the three little ones sig.no's 1698,1699 and 1700 can see they've made a difference. if these kids have got the guts through their grief to stand up and be heard then so can we all. this campaign is about protection it is not a sideline or diversion for the pain i feel in not having bob around, but i tell you this i will do everything i can painful or not to get my voice heard and try and lead by example so that the children that are left behind can see that their loved daddies and uncles left a wonderful legacy so that no others have to go through this atrocity with which we are left to deal with. yes, it hurts ,yes, i miss him so much and god knows i need him to get me through this but i will not back down, so please lend me your voice and lend me your knowledge. now, to change the subject as misty eyes here is off for a long hard bawl.

before i away...come on leon, time for round three, your serve!

Last edited by chappie; 5th Jun 2006 at 16:38.