PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASYJET FO TAKE HOME PAY(AFTER PAYRISE)
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2006, 15:41
The Blue Max

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong.
I think Oleo is referring to the refresher course offered to those pilots already in the possesion of a a319/737 type-rating.
As a direct entry FO with about 1200 hours on the bus, I did the full interview and then went through this refresher course wich consist of several days tech refresher and 4 4-hour sim sessions. Followed by more groundschool concerning ops procedures, safety, etc.

The whole process takes about 3 weeks and is then followed by 20 sectors line-training.

As I understand, pilots with experience but without type go through the type conversion, wich gets them the full type-rating (currently done by CTC) followed by 40 sectors line-training.
Fresh low houred cadets out of CTC get to do at least 60 sectors after there initial type-rating.

Speculating here,
It maybe so that the mentioned refresher course is also being offerd to "low-houred" pilots who bought there type-rating and finished there line training somewhere else (provided they have the minimum of 500 hours multi-crew commercial environment). In that case 4 sim sessions and 20 sectors line training may not be enough to reach the hight standard required by the trainers.

Last edited by The Blue Max; 5th Jun 2006 at 15:54.