PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC155
Thread: EC155
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2006, 09:13
Speediwings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Could the pilot alone constitute this mishap?

Brain Abrham, you are right, the management of Gravity Flying School GFS had never thought of the risk until the so-called accident was happened. The management was shocked, but still they put all the responsibility to the poor pilot. Have they ever thought of the poor leadership which truly dragged the chopper and brought the aircrew to the God.

In fact, the mishap was sitting there for a long time, it was not the first working day of the pilot and the traps ( the reasons of this accident) were sitting there for years. Were they daydreaming before the mishap?

The CAD found out that the pilot swore the 20 minutes TOS policy on the way back to work. He did not do the flight planning, he and his crew did not wear helmets. He continued to swear the 20 minutes TOS rule. He did not select the less risky route to fly to the destination. He ignored the SOP (standard operation procedure) of flying in the wrong altitude and high speed. He ignore the repetitive reminder from the crewman at the back and attempted speedy flying. He placed the 20 min TOS with higher priority than his life.

If the headmaster and the deans of each faculty had done their jobs, this mishap would have not happened. Why the pilot had such a sub-standard EQ and IQ was able to pass the recruitment test, training, simulator training, CRM, human factor training, annual checks &....... Why the crewman could not use a stronger word to remind the pilot in order to keep his life. It was because of the poor culture running around in the school for years.

The culture of " I dont care, just do it", " No need to explain to me!", " are you going to argue with me now?" , and "The door is always open, (for kicking you out)" should be completely abolished.