PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AH-64 Apache
Thread: AH-64 Apache
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2006, 12:02
peoplespoet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not fishing, I'm no reporter. Thought it was a fair question best answered by an AH driver.

I agree that we are at the thin end of the wedge if you don't have to live fire to qualify from CTT. What next? you will be telling me that Mountain flying or NVG has been removed.

Never mind put it on the 'risk register' and as long as the field army can pick up the pieces then nothing is lost. I do wish that when we have money taken from our training that our lords and masters would just turn round and say No. I understand that pressure will be placed to still achieve and thats understandable, but at what long term cost?

I wonder how a civilian company would deal with a situation where they cant afford a component vital to the production line. Just leave it out and hope it still works when it's switched on? Good planning and management that would be..Not.

I do remember reading a phrase that the British forces once had great pride in "Train Hard...Fight Easy", must have been a lie as it never caught on at all in aviation.

PP.

Very cynical