PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ANA
Thread: ANA
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2006, 07:59
Kawai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,
At the moment we operate on the 747-400, some rumours about 777 in the next future....
3 different trips:
4 days- LHR-NRT and back (3 days off at base after)

5 days- day 1-deadhead from london to paris
day 2-Paris-Narita (Tokyo)
day 3- arrival at around 4pm
day 4- rest day
day 5- Narita-Paris and deadhead back to London or your place of
choice (in this case you will have to arrenge your own ticket) (3 days
off)
9 days- LHR-NRT
NRT-FRA
FRA-NRT
NRT-LHR
(5 days off)
We work under the Japanese aviation authorities so forget anything you heard before from the CAA, this means we have a maximum of 19 hours of flight duty BUT you might be asked to carry on with your duty over that limit in case of irregularities (and there is no chance to say no). Maximum of 100 hours of duty per month.
Japanese crew have changed quite a lot since the opening of the base and now they seem much more relaxed...although sometimes they can be too much...
99.9% of passengers are really good and they will sleep during the whole flight.
Initially you will be trained for economy class only after 6 months aprox biz, first class is a bit more difficult only 1 cabin attendant in the base is currently trained to work there.
I think it is easier for people without previous flying experience to adapt although that is a personal opinion....
Well I cant think of anything else now.... but let me know if you have any questions and good luck!