PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DUBLIN
Thread: DUBLIN
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2006, 21:22
Irish Steve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its not as easy as you think it is to get out on the ramp.
I'm not saying it's easy, if it was, I would be even more worried, but with the right knowledge, and a little bit of preparation, it's not going to be that hard, I spent 2 years working on the ramp at DUB post 9-11, so I know the system very well, and also know it's shortcomings, which I am not about to broadcast here for what I hope are obvious reasons

There are some serious issues here, which appear to have been conveniently "forgotten" when agreeing to the new systems now in place, and if investigated properly, there will be repercussions that could make the transit from landside to airside even more tortuous than it is at present, which has to be bad news for the 20 or so million passengers that DUB thinks it's going to process this year.

It's bad enough now, there are so many unresolved issues at DUB it's no longer a joke, it's gone beyond that, and the most depressing aspect of it all is that DAA seem to think they are doing a good job. All I shall say is that there's none so blind as them that can't see