PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eurocontrol - Any questions, please ask!
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2006, 15:07
soontobeATCO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOL, no worries AVMAN, I thought it would be something along those lines!!

Originally Posted by fly2_ebos
SoontobeAtco,

When will you start at Eurocontrol? Why did you choose Eurocontrol above NATS?

Do you think you need to have a high intellectual level or done certain specific studies (eg. previous aviation experience, university) to pass the FEAST/interview?

Can you tell me something more about the questions they ask on the oral board? How are the interviewers? You say they are really friendly and helpfull, can you explain some more?

What kind of attitude is allowed on the interview? Is it more important to show a lot of selfconfidence or be easy going?

thank you!
To answer some of your questions.

As far as I know, Eurocontrol only require you to be educated to school leaver level, although as with most things in life, the more experience you have the easier it is to get such jobs. Out of the 4 of us starting on my course I know two of us have PPL's and a University degree in aviation related subjects.

I was refused entrance to NATS due to eyesight restrictions, and so that tied my hands somewhat, but in all honesty I prefer the European (and more importantly the upper level aspect) of Eurcontrol.

The interview board were all very nice people, they put you at ease etc, but of course dont forget it is an interview and there will be an element of pressure! I cant tell you whether it is important to be self-confident/outgoing etc as I dont want to be responsible for sending you in the wrong direction, but I am sure you are aware of the personal qualities required of an ATCO and the interview is your chance to get these across.

One tip I will give you is not to be afraid of realising and correcting mistakes at any point, particuarly in the numerical questions they ask you!

I have also been told that the level of English (and cleanliness of your accent) is a very important quality, and this is something you may wish to practice?

HTH

soontobeATCO