PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hope you guys don't mind me posting here but I've got problems
Old 4th Jun 2006, 08:12
Mad Girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I also have very similar problems to Helpmeplease so have read this thread with interest and tried to absorb the advice.

Went up yesterday for circuits and "just" managed 2 landings, with difficulty, and was absolutely knackered at the end of 50 minutes.

As I'd been having problems getting the wheels on the runway, my instructor was ecstatic on the first one, but I was far too tense to enjoy it too as the moment my mind goes somewhere else, so does the 'plane.... I started to go to pot after that.

Two's better than none (trying to be positive!!).

He says he can't believe how easily I'm "giving up" the attempt.

I wasn't happy with one approach and glanced at him to say "go around?" - we were 50 ft up at the time and he had to save us - he told me I owed him one - Just one???

(To put this in perspective, I do aero's with the same FI, and if he pushes me I usually do what he wants when he wants it, whether it be Flat or Aero's - hence his disbelief with the "giving up" in landings.)

Apparently I can now fly the approach (most of the time) keeping the stationary point where I want it, but when we get to about 200 ft - It's gone - I totally destabilise everything I've done.

I'm actually afraid of heights (and I fly!!!), and seeing the ground that close, rushing up at me is freaking me out.

He's away next week so I'm going up with a different instructor (got to keep up the practice). Luckily it's someone I've been chatting with for a while, so I should be relaxed!!, and I'm hoping she can sort out my "Phobia" so that he's a very "Happy chappy" when I next go up with him.

I really want to sort this out because I feel that I'm letting him down - He always gets more excited when I do something right than I do!!!

What is it about you guys that you can create this huge undying devotion to you from your students??

I love my instructor to bits but feel crap at my inability to do this one thing right for him.