PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying in the Persian/Arabian Gulf
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2006, 07:56
r44driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think my words were ' good jobs and lifestyles to be had'
I guess it depends on your definition of a good job or a good lifestyle.
The thing about ADA or Gulf, if you are touring there the chances are that on your time on you will be in Abu Dhabi or Doha so you can still live a decent lifestyle while there. Then you get 4 or 6 weeks off to do what you like, and if you want to travel around Europe or somewhere on your time off it is all fairly close to get to. A lot of touring jobs are to places where you will be stuck in a security compound somewhere where in your sparetime you can sit around listening to the gunfire from the civil unrest going on.
If you are at Aerogulf, you will be living in Dubai which is, in my opinion, a relatively safe place and a very happening place to live. You get to go home most nights which is great if you have a family there.
That is what I meant by lifestyle.
As far as a good job goes, the flying is like any offshore flying but with not a lot of weather to worry about and reduced vis in the summer. Not too challenging really but easy enough to take for a few years.
As far as money goes, I am sure you can earn more elsewhere but at what cost to lifestyle?
The money is tax free and the other benefits are adequate.
I don't know about the UK or the States but for people from Oz and NZ I think you are financially better off working in the UAE than back home when you consider the whole package.
Just my opinion.