PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 4th Jun 2006, 04:30
critical winge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was offered a class this summer on the A330. ITS ALL HAPPENING ON THE 777 AT THE MOMENT I'm very excited about it, but unsure if it's the best choice. Everyone keeps saying that you won't save money and you'll be gone all the time.READ A MULTITUDE OF PREVIOUS POSTS, YOU WONT SAVE MONEY AND YOU WILL BE AWAY A BIT ON THE 330 But, I've been told the average A330 trips are better than the 777's because the 330's trip days are around 2-4 day trips instead of the 7-9 day trips on the Boeing. Also, there's a good chance for a quick upgrade since the A380 is coming and there will probably be some movement.YOU WILL BE LUCKY TO SEE AN UPGRADE IN EMIRATES IN 10 YEARS NOW. ALREADY GOT 1500 OR SO PILOTS. WITH THE FORECAST FOR 2500, YOU ARE WELL DOWN THE UPGRADE PILE AND WILL BE WAITING FOR DEAD MANS SHOES. A LOT OF THE CURRENT CAPTAINS ARE IN THEIR EARLY 40S SO LOOOOOONG TIME TO WAIT I GUESS. But, with the inflation in Dubai,NOW SAID TO BE THE 5TH MOST EXPENSIVE CITY ON THE PLANET TO LIVE IN I'm starting to think life could be unaffordable on FO pay.IT WILL BE JUST ABOUT, ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE KIDS If EK is paying for my rent, that's money that I wouldn't have in the US, so I guess it averages itself out.SO COME AWAY FROM HOME AND GET THE SAME SALARY AS BEING AT HOME, THE ME IS FAR FROM THE NICETIES OF HOME Any help from anyone READ ALL PREVIOUS POST, THERE IS A WEALTH OF INFO THERE about what's the best choice or opinions on money or the A330 or Dubai.....please PM me. I've got some big decisions to make and I'm all over the map right now. I have no idea what to make of all this.