PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JETSTAR INTERNATIONAL??
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2006, 00:11
Elroy Jettson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ejector, yes they can. Sad but true... Jester guys will tell you that it is not the intent of the wording of the award, but it is in there in black and white. Will try and find the quote for you...

Not really the quote I was looking for, but. This the wording they actually signed of on... Can you believe it?

25.1.3 “You will be rostered free of duty at your Home Base for minimum of 9 designated days off in 6 roster periods and 10 rostered days off in 6 roster periods. The minimum number of days off in a roster period for a pilot will be notified to the pilot no later than before the end of the preceding period.”
Not only is there the scope for the company to call your days in slip days off, they only have to give you a total of 9 days off over six months! The JPC are running around saying that this is not the original intent of the document, and the company will honour it! More fool them, the company will shaft them the first chance they get, and I am sure deep down these guys know it, so I only hope they are doing their pelvic floor exercises, cause it is gonna hurt!

Have watched the mainline managers use the "Not the original intent" arguement adnausium to part our cheeks, both longhaul and shorthaul. But jester think they will be immuned because they are good boys and will sign anything? "Hey, I've got this bridge in the UK for sale!"