PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASYJET FO TAKE HOME PAY(AFTER PAYRISE)
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2006, 23:26
A4

Ut Sementem Feeceris

Received 254 Likes on 48 Posts
For Christs sake - calm down everyone!!! Mines bigger than yours - I get more than you...... it doesn't matter! We're all grown ups. We can all make our own decisions. Yes, TRSS is not ideal - but no-one is forced to sign up to it. Market forces may mean it will change soon with the market as bouyant as it is.

Finding the "right" job is very difficult in this game. Some want longhaul some don't. Some have young children, some don't. Some want to live in a particular location. If you can find a Company that will give you all these then you may have to bite the bullet and take some of the rough with the smooth. I wasn't thrilled at being on 90% for 6 months (especially with 5,000 hours and 4 years Command on type) but I signed up to it because, in the longer run, it suited ME.

I fly a lot 800+ hours in 12 months - more than my previous company. However, within a few years, we will ALL be flying max hours - any company that doesn't will be at a distinct commercial disadvantage. In the longer run, I also think DEC's will become more common - especially as the experience gap widens with many airlines taking Cadet pilots who will be RHS for 4-5 years minimum. We must be the last industry that has such a restrictive transfer of skills policy. Can you imagine a management accountant being told he's got to be a "junior clerk" when he joins a new company or a consultant surgeon only doing in-grown toe nails when moving hospital. It's ludicrous. I'm not saying I agree with it but I do think it will be more common (and necessary).

So, bottom line. Think carefully about the Company you join, your reasons for doing so and the implications both financial and career wise of your choice. But please don't slate other people for the choices they make - we're all individuals.

Fly safe!

A4