PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DUBLIN
Thread: DUBLIN
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2006, 21:31
Hial Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Irish Steve
"The REAL HOLE. As I mentioned, we were on the FR "online" web checkin system, which in theory, could help. Problem was that if I'd chosen to give a copy of the boarding card to members of my family, and sent them through first, they would have been airside without being checked, as there was NO PHOTO / NAME ID CHECK AT THE AIRSIDE ENTRANCE where they scanned the boarding card to make sure it was valid. FUNDAMENTAL GREAT HOLE in the system, which will have to be followed up with DAA and other agencies. All they did was scan the boarding card to make sure it was in the system, but they didn't validate the photo ID to make sure that they matched. That is a FUNDAMENTAL MASSIVE SCREW UP with enormous security implications."

I fly frequently with BA and BMI using their online check-in. At all the airports I have passed through using the system they only scan the boarding card. No ID check is made. If you fly domestically with BA and BMI you don't even show any ID to board the aircraft. This ID check was started by the LCC's to stop you giving your ticket to someone else if you couldn't travel.

Last edited by Hial Flyer; 4th Jun 2006 at 11:07.