PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: CASA May Review Fees For Class 2 Medicals
Old 3rd Jun 2006, 11:00
b747heavy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

I just renewed my CASA Class 1 and FAA Class 1, both on the same day (1/1/06), with the same doc. I admit, this was done outside of Aus with a DAME and so authorised FAA examiner.

My FAA was re-issued on the spot, however my Aus medical was revalidated for only two months, even though the expiry date was 29/6/06, so really I only get one month extra from the original expiry date. Now I have to wait for the paperwork to make it all the way to Aus, be assessed, issued and posted back. I can see that two months is just not enough...

The interesting thing is that the total cost, for both medicals was only about $140 Aus

I don't know how this processing fee is controlled outside of Aus and maybe I should be expecting a call from CASA saying that they will not issue the medical without this $130 payment?? I will have to wait and see I guess?

On another note, I also did a renewal in Aus at the start of May...still no renewed licence paperwork in my mail one month later The system sucks and we, as pilots, are expected to sit on our hands and wait for CASA