PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Nats. NOT !!!
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2006, 07:14
BDiONU
Beady Eye

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by anotherthing
BDiONU - What you say is surely just a way for management to get out of paying a fair wage.:
I beg to differ. Are they getting paid less now than previously? I assume that they were given a Contract of Employment to sign (its a legal requirement in the UK but maybe not abroad) which detailed the pay and the terms conditions of employment?

NATS took the contract on knowing the anomalies in the licensing -
I believe thats correct and its being sorted from what Radarman tells us. I fail to see how NATS could have addressed it before they were awarded the contract. No company is going to go through a process of fixing something when they're one of a number of bidders.

As for operating on blue MOD licences and being restricted as to where they could work (whether or not that is the case)... what about an ATCO that is only capable of working at a band one tower only unit - surely by their ability they are limited in their ability to work elsewhere and therefore, by your reasoning, should maybe not be on a pay scale!!
No, they can be moved to any other terminal unit in the UK, AFAIK there is no 'grading' of controllers as to capability such as busy, medium or low. They get posted where NATS needs them and they can apply to go elsewhere. The same cannot be said for those who are not operating on a full UK licence.

BD