PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: CASA May Review Fees For Class 2 Medicals
Old 3rd Jun 2006, 03:09
Victor India

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At least if the $130 fee ensured prompt service I may be able to understand if not agree with the scheme...

After a Medical examination on 1 May (after which paperwork was immediately forwarded), and my Visa card debited on 12 May (ie paperwork has reached Canberra), I'm still looking for my certificate (the old one expired on 23 May - lucky for the revalidation).

After checking with CASA, it appears the paperwork quite rapidly got to the financial processing stage then for some reason hit a brick wall before the certificate was issued. Their excuse - "we're really running behind at the moment with certificates". Well don't bloody well debit my card til you're ready to finish the job!! Sheeeesh!

Not even close to being marginally acceptable if they were charging no fee (they want to regulate then they should do it properly!) - but for $130 processing fee, I would expect some of that cash be spent on an overtime budget! How many people do you reckon they have in Canberra working after 5pm to catch up on the backlog?

Revalidation covers me until 1 July. After that, I start losing pay for not being able to fly. Can't wait. Hopefully a phone call every second day might speed it up. Not holding my breath!

VI