PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilots 'prepared to strike'?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2006, 00:37
rhythm method

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Funnily enough, I posted this right when they first proposed the closure of the final salary scheme to new entrants. The existing members thought "Whew! I'm safe!" but didn't look far enough into the future to see when the BARPS members outnumbered the NAPS members. Then, with the balance tipped in their favour, the management could do whatever they wanted because the BARPS guys wouldn't support members who had seen them hung out to dry!

I didn't envisage it happening so quickly, but that works in your favour. BA CAN afford to give a decent deal to the new joiners.. the figures prove it, the bottom line is WAY up on expectations, and the deficit is only based on an arbitrary formula which is meaningless.

I am not speaking as a BARPS member... I am what is generally viewed as scum by mainline crew.. BA Connect, BA CitiExpress, or whatever else your managers want to call us this week!

But if you lot start to show some compassion and understanding for those beneath you (BARPS Members) it will eventually filter down to us lowlifes!

Our final salary scheme may only give us in TOTAL, what you guys are worried about losing, but that is crucial to our plans to take the grandchildren to the beach in years to come.

UNITY UNITY UNITY. The ONLY way forward.

(God, I wish I had your worries... honestly take a look at the rest of us )

P.S Lloyd Cromwell Griffiths... why do I know that name? What area of BA does he deal with?

Last edited by rhythm method; 3rd Jun 2006 at 01:01.