PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non-standard R/T
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2006, 19:28
HEATHROW DIRECTOR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK guys.. I was merely stating the FACTS. OK? I'm was not being pompous about anything Atcham. You say you respect what I've done so why don't you respect the radio regulations? I KNOW that thousands of people use scanners, like thousands of people break the speed limits; it doesn't make it any more legal. I have high respect for radio regs both as a professional and hobbyist. As a professional I have experienced at first hand the result of the lack of policing of the radio regs in the UK and the consequent illegal use of radio gear. As I said, I know people do it, but suggest it is unwise to discuss it on here or other forums.

FougaMagister. Air traffic controllers also have "check rides" when emergencies and other procedures are practised. Additionally, R/T recordings are passed to specially appointed colleagues for assessment and discussion with the controller concerned. When I obtained my Flight R/T Licence some 40+ years ago, long before I was a controller, I had to undergo an examination in a simulator followed by oral questioning. It was pretty scary stuff! Guess standards are not so rigorous nowadays?