PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings Scheme thread
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2006, 17:16
SA242

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St Helier, MonarchA330 is exactly right in what he says. You are extremely young still. To get to flying whether in ctc or another way requires steps and an aweful lot of commitment. Its not all just tapping your fingers and waiting for school to finish so someone can shove you in a boeing or airbus. Focus on each step at a time and make sure you do them properly. This includes school, A levels etc. You will be really glad you did later on believe me! I am in my final year at university doing BCOM Aviation Management and it is something I will never regret. Definately look into getting a degree before flying. It alows for more knowledge and life experience as well as a backup incase you loose your medical etc. Apart from those serious reasons its also a HUGE load of fun.

The only advice I can give you is to focus on what you doing right now even though you may be bored. Doing well in areas like school make or break you later on when the competition is tough and you will be glad you put in the effort!

Good luck and hope you get sorted out there

Regards
Andrew