PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF JPA Rollout
Thread: RAF JPA Rollout
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2006, 14:27
Muppettmayhem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you have to apply for your LSA? I was on det when my LSSA stopped on the 31st Mar, got back to my parent unit on 18th May and was told by JPAC that LSA would be in my next pay packet....no surprises for guessing that it wasn't.
It's funny that when you owe the RAF money the p/work is generated straight away and deducted before you get chance to blink, but when they owe you money it takes months and god knows how many trips to PSF or HR or whatever they are calling themselves these days to try and sort it out.
Also whilst we are on the subject of pay, last April my pay was messed up and they put an extra £800 in my pay but promptly took it out again in the same pay, but I was taxed on the whole amount including NI which left me £230 short, when I queried this I was told to contact Glasgow who in turn told me to contact my unit admin who then said I had to claim a tax rebate through glasgow who told me they could only give me a rebate if i left my current employer which I thought was a bit drastic for the sake of £230. In the meantime admin gave me an advance of pay to cover the £230 which was taxed again, then promptly took it off me again in the next months pay(the whole £230 including what I had paid to the taxman). Eventually I was told by OC PSF that I would get it back in payments spread out over the next year, which i haven't, but to be honest I cannot be bothered now to chase up as they cannot be bothered to do their job and they are all totally inept and cannot be bothered to get off their shiny a and help anyone..sorry for the war and peace epic for my first post but even before JPA they couldn't be a to do their jobs properly and things will never change or as long as I have a hole in my a