PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HUMBERSIDE
Thread: HUMBERSIDE
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2006, 14:16
Teevee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

This is getting tiresome and ill-informed. First Sheffield IS part of the DSA catchment area unless by some chance you think only people from within ten miles of any airport use that airport.

Second, can I just ask whether the original source of this rumour said that DSA was trying to lure KLM AWAY from HUY or just approaching them about flights from DSA, which from personal experience talking to people around here is what they want for travelling to places further afield via Amsterdam, thus sparking a mad paranoia among certain, though not all HUY supporters. Most seem to think that there is room in the market for both airports, especially if it is true that in actual fact few travellers from the DSA catchment use the HUY flights. And I would imagine that a recent on-line business survey done by DSA would be being used as evidence.

And third I'm getting a little bit ticked off at all the false DSA sniping. Pax figures and additional flights would seem to imply that the airport has been quite a success, and as I've said before is just good at doing business, NOT desperate.

As for the domestic market being saturated, well o.k but what with? Plenty of people would use DSA for domestic services, but how easy are they to come by for new airports?

And fourth, getting back to HUY, as a proud DSA supporter I am glad that if you look on the unofficial website there is very little sniping at HUY. Plenty of us have said we would like to see KLM at DSA, but NOT at the expense of HUY - as I'm sure Airhumberside can testify.

Tim