PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police Breath Tests
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2006, 09:13
WannaBeBiggles

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Sunshine Coaster
Is their suspicion based on any particular knowledge or skill that allows them to make such a qualified decision. Again they DO NOT have the statutory authorisation to make or act on such a decision.

The Coaster
How is judging whether someone acting in control of one vehicle while under the influence different from an operator of another?

I work in a federal government installation and the RAAF Police often invite state police on base and they are free to book speeding drivers.. why should there be a double standard when it comes to booking pilots.

Just because laws of the air are governed by the federal government and aircrew are licenced by the federal government doesn't put them above the law.

The most I can offer is my OPINION, but must say the eliteist attitude some people seam to have is quite worrying!

At the end of the day there are plenty of people that complain about RBT's, speed cameras etc but most people put up with them, others and moan about it, and they are mostly the people without anything better to do, or the ones that think they are above the law and think they have some "right" to do what they want.

Just my 2 cents.