PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - First placcy model
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2006, 08:50
Roadster280

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BEagle
I never dispatched a model with explosives - but the odd one which was beyond repair did get the BSA Meteor .22 treatment!
Can't remember the first of the many, many Airfix models I made, but I do remember the BSA Meteor .22!! In fact, I handed it in to the local constabulary just before I moved to the US just last year. I couldn't live with the thought of some iPod wearing ******** taking someone's eye out with it if I just threw it away. Guess I grew up, huh?

Not like in my younger days of course! It was obvious I was destined for the Army when I found that the heavy artillery of the .22 Meteor made such a spectacular explosion of fuselages and hulls. I particularly remember a Navy Lynx (for some reason gloss blue painted, I thought they were all grey??), and a SAR Sea King going kaboom the best.

I made a model of the Titanic, 1:350 scale, took 6 months to make, all the rigging correct, every porthole painted. It met its iceberg in the form of my mother who sent it plummetting to the sea bottom (floor) while dusting. On hearing the story, my ex-wife promptly went and bought me a replacement 15 years on! Last seen in her house...I'm not making another one!!!