PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Sector Pay?
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2006, 23:26
pilothouse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pilot Pete
It really isn't rocket science. The SYSTEM is simply JOIN! Once you are a member get in touch with New Road, get as many new joiner information packs as you can and SPEAK to your fellow pilots. Encourage them to join, give them the info and as soon as you have 50% membership plus 1 pilot, push BALPA for a Recognition Agreement.
Pete,

You may have noted from the thread that I have had bad experiences with BALPA in the past. I have had no alternative but to resign - twice. They may not have me back. I need convincing.

You want me to just JOIN yet you and an unspecified number of others are already members and have offered not a single incentive. You now want ME to join and recruit others! And you would rather I organised a "pub meeting" rather than you and other Jet2 BALPA members get New Road to organise a recruitment meeting? I ask you, which is likely to more successful at achieving what we all want, a consultative voice at Jet2?

757operator (above somewhere) may be an intruder but he hit the nail right on the head. The BALPA element in Jet2 have shot the likes of Silverhawk into tiny pieces without offering a shred of an alternative.